Press Release – Bayleys
A portfolio of Queenstown and Wanaka homes and sections for sale is to be promoted to Aucklanders. The portfolio of homes and section is being brought to Auckland for a two day expo on June 28/29 by national real estate agency Bayleys.Media Release
Queenstown and Wanaka property expo’ to be held in Auckland
A portfolio of Queenstown and Wanaka homes and sections for sale is to be promoted to Aucklanders. The portfolio of homes and section is being brought to Auckland for a two day expo’ on June 28/29 by national real estate agency Bayleys.
The expo’ is being held at Bayleys Central Auckland offices, and features offerings ranging from sections just north of Queenstown and Wanaka from $199,000, through to a luxury home in Wanaka with a price tag of $2.5million.
Queenstown Lakes District Council records show that five percent of homes in the area are already owned by Aucklanders or Auckland-based entities.
Bayleys Wanaka director Mat Andrews said the region had plenty to offer – including excellent year-round recreational facilities such as mountain biking, golf, rafting, kayaking, hiking and skiing.
“We have a fabulous climate in Central Otago. The quality of schooling options is of a very high standard, and there are employment opportunities across a number of industry sectors – ranging from tourism and hospitality through to construction and infrastructure,” Mr Andrews said.
Bayleys Queenstown director David Gubb said: “There is a range of housing options available for people moving from Auckland into the Central Otago area – from suburban entry level dwellings, through to luxury high end lifestyle blocks with lovely views over the various mountain ranges and lakes of both Wanaka and Queenstown.”
Latest residential property sales data from the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand shows that sales values in the Central Otago Lakes District are on the rise – up to $465,000 compared to $417,000 for the same time last year. The REINZ says that is an increase of 11.5 percent.
Meanwhile, the average number of days properties in the Central Otago Lakes district take to sell is now 81. The REINZ summary notes for the Central Otago Lakes region state: “The median price trend continues to improve.”
Among the Queenstown and Wanaka properties for sale being showcased at the expo in Auckland are:
• An New Zealand Architecture Award winning home on 3040 square metres of land looking across to Wanaka and Treble Cone skifield for sale for $1.85million.
• A four bedroom/two bathroom Queenstown open plan house in Wanaka for sale for $649,000.
• A four bedroom/three bathroom Registered Master Builders House of the Year award winner on 1661 square metres of land in Wanaka for sale for $1.25million
• A three bedroom/three bathroom lakeside apartment in Queenstown for $995,000.
• A virtually brand new four bedroom Queenstown home complete with purpose built movie room and use of communal jetty on Lake Wakatipu and private boat ramp for sale for $1.995million.
• A three bedroom/three ensuite house close to Wanaka’s CBD… available for $2.5million.