Press Release – Queenstown Lakes District Council
Motorists are being asked to pay close attention to signage when new speed limits come into force on various roads around the district on Friday March 1, 2013.Press release
Thursday 21 February, 2013
Speed limits to change around the district
Motorists are being asked to pay close attention to signage when new speed limits come into force on various roads around the district on Friday March 1, 2013.
The changes were adopted by Council on 18 December 2012 and mostly involve reductions in the existing speed limits.
Queenstown Lakes District Council transport manager Denis Mander says people will need to be alert.
“Signage will be going up over the next week so it should be quite obvious to people who use those roads regularly where a change will be taking place,” he said.
“All motorists should be checking signs and making sure they’re driving to the correct limit.”
The roads affected are:
• Esplanade Reserve, Hawea
• Aubrey Road and Outlet Road, Wanaka
• Old Racecourse Road and Ewing Place, Albert Town
• Cardrona Valley Road, Wanaka
• Orchard Road, Wanaka
• Studholme Road (South), Wanaka
• Ballantyne Road west of Riverbank, Wanaka
• The Mt Barker area, Wanaka including:
o Ballantyne Road, Wanaka
o Faulks Road, Wanaka
o Mount Barker Road, Wanaka
o Boundary Road, Wanaka
o Morris Road, Wanaka
o Maxwell Road, Wanaka
• Cardrona Valley Road, Cardrona
• Arrowtown – Lake Hayes Road, Wakatipu Basin
• Slopehill Road (West), Wakatipu Basin
• Spence Road and Old School Road, Lower Shotover
• Peninsula Road, Kelvin Heights
A full description of the changes at each site and the amended bylaw can be viewed online at www.qldc.govt.nz