- Scoop Business - http://business.scoop.co.nz -
New Zealand Chinese Business Awards 2012
Posted By admin On January 24, 2013 @ 1:19 pm In PressRelease | No Comments
Press Release – New Zealand Chinese Business Elite Awards
After the successful launch of the New Zealand Chinese Business Elite Awards in 2011, the 2012 event will take place on 14 March 2013.New Zealand Chinese Business Awards 2012
After the successful launch of the New Zealand Chinese Business Elite Awards in 2011, the 2012 event will take place on 14 March 2013.
The NZ Chinese Business Elite Awards recognise the contribution made by Chinese in New Zealand and is covered by Chinese media in New Zealand and overseas. It is one of the few events in New Zealand celebrating the success of Chinese business people that brings people together from across the political spectrum.
The 2011 event, held in the Deloitte Business Centre, was attended by Auckland Mayor, Len Brown, members of parliament, community leaders and company representatives.
The success of The New Zealand Chinese Business Elite Awards reflects the following:
• In the last census in 2006, Chinese were the largest Asian ethnic group in New Zealand with predictions of growth to 25% of Auckland’s total population by 2025.
• Chinese are playing an important role in New Zealand business, particularly the young generation which is merging into the mainstream. Young Chinese are now in key positions in New Zealand’s large companies. Chinese are contributing to a range of business sectors.
• Since the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with China was signed in 2008, China has become New Zealand’s second-largest trading partner. The growth in trade with China has delivered enormous economic benefits to New Zealand. It is recognized that Kiwi companies can improve their prospects of achieving business success in China by tapping into the knowledge and connections of Chinese in New Zealand.
The New Zealand Business Elite Awards 2012
• The second NZ Chinese Business Awards are scheduled to take place on 14 March 2013. The event will again be co-organized by four major Chinese media companies in New Zealand: World TV Ltd, The United Chinese Press, Skykiwi.com and Oriental Weekly.
• The awards aims are to recognize the specific and considerable achievements of Chinese business figures, to promote the growing influence of Chinese in New Zealand, to build a platform to help small and medium- sized Chinese enterprises connect with mainstream businesses and to help the Kiwi companies to connect with Chinese business figures and their business networks in New Zealand.
• The awards programme reflects the changing ways in which New Zealand companies conduct business internationally and provides benefits to all firms, partners and sponsors who participate.
• The Panel of Judges will comprise capable and highly respected people.
The New Zealand Chinese Business Awards 2012 will recognize the top business performers. Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
• Be of Chinese origin
• Be over the age of 18 years
• Have owned or managed a business in New Zealand for at least one year
• Have resided in New Zealand for at least one year since the business was set up
• Have been legitimate New Zealand tax contributors for more than one year
Applications can be either self-nominations or nominations made by others. Nominations close on 1st February 2012. Nominations together with any supporting documents can be emailed / posted to firstname.lastname@example.org  or
PO BOX 6710 Wellesley St, Auckland 1141.
Or, obtain an entry-form from the organizer by sending an inquiry email to email@example.com 
Applicants are evaluated according to the following criteria:
• Outstanding business growth
• Successful and innovative business practice
• Able to demonstrate turning innovation into improved company performance
• Excellence in business marketing strategies
• Outstanding candidates who have had a significant impact on the success of a business
• Strong commitment to social impacts and benefits
Finalists and their profiles will be announced via the organising media outlets. Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony.
Event Planning and Programme
• November 2012 – NZ Chinese Business Elite Awards launch
• December 2012 – Media release to confirm the event organising committee members
• February 2013 – Media release with details of award ceremony and launch of ticket sale
• 14th March 2013 – Awards Ceremony Evening
Key Media Organizers’ Introduction
• World TV Ltd. More than 10,000 households subscribe to WTV, with the number of viewers reaching 50,000 which is a substantial portion of the TV subscription market. Together with four radio channels, WTV is one of the most influential media platforms in New Zealand. WTV is confident that the number of television subscribers and radio listeners will continue to grow.
• The United Chinese Press Established in 2010, the United Chinese Press publishes two issues a week with 10,000 copies per issue. Apart from its full coverage distribution outlets across Auckland region, the United Chinese Press also provides deliveries for more than 6,000 Chinese subscribers.
• Oriental Weekly focuses on the content rather than on the profit. It comprises a front page, NZ news page, international page, overseas Chinese page, life page, sports & military page, entertainment page, fashion page and some advertising pages. It covers both North Island and South Island distributing 12,000 copies weekly in Auckland and Christchurch. It reaches approximately 100, 000 Chinese readers.
• SKYKIWI.COM was established in 2001, and attracts more viewers than any other Chinese website in New Zealand. As a portal website SKYKIWI.COM has more than 180,000 registered members, attracts more than 60,000 daily IP visits and generates more than 700,000 daily page views (Source: Google Analytics). More than 80% of registered users are students and working people within the 18-40 years age-group. More than 80% of registered users are from Auckland.
Article printed from Scoop Business: http://business.scoop.co.nz
URL to article: http://business.scoop.co.nz/2013/01/24/new-zealand-chinese-business-awards-2012/
URLs in this post:
 firstname.lastname@example.org: mailto:email@example.com
 www.istars.co.nz: http://www.istars.co.nz/
 www.ucpnz.com: http://www.ucpnz.com/
 www.skykiwi.com: http://www.skykiwi.com/
 scoop.co.nz: http://www.scoop.co.nz/
 Original url: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU201301/S00459.htm
Copyright © 2009 Scoop Business. All rights reserved.