- Scoop Business - http://business.scoop.co.nz -
City’s Largest Ever Conference Lands in Claudelands
Posted By admin On January 10, 2013 @ 4:03 pm In PressRelease | Comments Disabled
Press Release – Hamilton City Council
Claudelands Events Centre is finishing off the final touches for the citys largest ever conference which begins in Hamilton tomorrow.CITY’S LARGEST EVER CONFERENCE LANDS IN CLAUDELANDS
10 JANUARY 2013
For Immediate Release
Claudelands Events Centre is finishing off the final touches for the city’s largest ever conference which begins in Hamilton tomorrow.
The international Jehovah Witness conference will see 7,200 delegates come together at Claudelands with a further 3,000 delegates attending a satellite conference at Mystery Creek.
More than a year of planning has gone into the event which is using the entire 10,000 m² area of indoor space that Claudelands offers – including the arena, entire suite of meeting rooms and exhibition space.
The conference is also requiring the most extensive use of technology that Claudelands has undertaken.
General Manager Events and Economic Development, Sean Murray is excited about the impact that this conference is having on the city.
“Hamilton is already starting to buzz and the hospitality industry is gearing up for a busy few days. Our major hotels are fully booked with international delegates staying in the region for around 10 days.
This conference is a prime example of the diversity that Claudelands can offer. It is great that we can cater for events that bring so many people into the region.”
The conference will run from Friday 11 January through to Sunday 13 January.
A behind the scenes look at the conference:
• The conference has involved five staff members to set up the production equipment over a two week period
• The build for the convention started just before Christmas 2012 with seven staff dedicated to setting up the furniture
• A traffic management plan is being used and there will be on site parking for approximately 2,000 cars and buses
• As well as to Mystery Creek, the convention is also being broadcast live to two venues in Auckland, two venues in Wellington, one in Christchurch and overseas
• There is English and Samoan language translations being sent to all of these areas
• A total of 26 video monitors is being used throughout venue
• Two 4x8meter video screens are being used in the Arena
• There are five live cameras being used over two spaces
• There is an FM transmission throughout the venue and surrounding areas
• 4,100 permanent seats will be used as well as an additional 3,600 chairs being bought in from across other units in Event facilities The buzz of activity is set to continue in the region with the Parachute Music Festival from 25 27 January. This is quickly followed by Back 2 Back February – an amazing line up on events that kicks off with the Hollies on 4 February and Nitro Circus on 6 February. For more information on these visit www.whatsonhamilton.co.nz 
Article printed from Scoop Business: http://business.scoop.co.nz
URL to article: http://business.scoop.co.nz/2013/01/10/citys-largest-ever-conference-lands-in-claudelands/
URLs in this post:
 www.whatsonhamilton.co.nz: http://www.whatsonhamilton.co.nz/
 scoop.co.nz: http://www.scoop.co.nz/
 Original url: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/AK201301/S00162.htm
Copyright © 2009 Scoop Business. All rights reserved.