Press Release – NZ Bloodstock
NZB Ready to Run Sale’s 14 wins in 6 Days • Want a Karaka Million Runner? • RTR – Tweets of the Week • Get to Know the Catalogue • The Stats
• NZB Ready to Run Sale’s 14 wins in 6 Days
• Want a Karaka Million Runner?
• RTR – Tweets of the Week
• Get to Know the Catalogue
• The Stats
NZB Ready to Run Sale’s 14 wins in 6 Days
With 14 winners– two at stakes level – in five countries in just six days, NZB’s Ready to Run Sale is hitting peak form at the very best time, just days ahead of the 2012 Sale which will be held next Tuesday 20 & Wednesday 21 November at Karaka.
New Zealand Bloodstock’s Ready to Run Sale of Two-Year-Olds has averaged 14 stakes winners per season over the last five seasons, and has seen two graduates win black-type races in the last five days.
Super Ninetyseven is shaping up as a top 3YO for trainer Michael Freedman. Photo courtesy of the STC.
Kullu (Elvstroem) was the first of the pair, winning the Listed Gold Club Metropolitan Trophy (2500m) at Riccarton on Saturday by eight lengths. The hugely promising Nashville (Darci Brahma) then made it a double with a huge performance to land yesterday’s Group 2 Coupland’s Bakeries Mile.
Triple stakes winner Flying Fulton (Flying Spur) came close to making it three stakes wins for the Sale when finishing second in the Spg-2 E.W. Barker Trophy on Friday night.
These performances have been complemented by a winning treble by Ready to Run Sale graduates in Singapore on Friday night with winners including smart three-year-olds Philanthropist (Churchill Downs) and Super Ninetyseven (Show A Heart). Both look highly promising young horses having won four of their combined seven starts.
RTR Sale graduates continued their winning momentum in Hong Kong on Saturday night with another winning treble. Up-and-coming star graduate Glorious Days (Hussonet) – Hong Kong’s Most Improved Horse last season – will look to keep the hot streak alive in Sunday’s Group 2 Jockey Club Mile.
The Sale has also registered success in Australia in the last few days (courtesy of Savitar & Freshwater Storm), Macau (courtesy of Magic Falcon) and Malaysia (courtesy of Joyful).
Want a Karaka Million Runner?
The Order of Entry for the $1 million 2013 Karaka Million (Res.L) – New Zealand’s richest race – is starting to heat up with 28 two-year-olds now featuring on the Order of Entry, currently headed by the Bernardini filly Ruud Awakening.
With entries for the 2013 Karaka Million long since closed, the Ready to Run Sale gives buyers a final chance to get a runner into this exciting event with 23 two-year-olds in the Sale already eligible to contest a start in the $1 million race.
With nominated two-year-olds by sires including Alamosa, last year’s winning sire Any Suggestion, the in-form Darci Brahma, plus High Chaparral, Keeper, Sakhee’s Secret, Stratum, Testa Rossa and more, the Sale gives buyers a unique chance to chase the riches in the 2013 Karaka Million on January 27.
The Sale will also offer horses that are nominated for the world’s richest two-year-old race, the Golden Slipper, plus a number of entries eligible for BOBS, QTIS and Super Vobis schemes.
RTR – Tweets of the Week
@RyanfShinn “Another @KarakaChat R2R winner for
hoperacing.com.au – Savitar at BDGO! More graduates racing for us
tmrw. Sales next week, can’t wait!”
@Dynamic_WONIT “Dominant 3 len win by CHAMPAGNE DAYS
(Encosta/Petta Gaye) @ 1800m in HK tonight. His FULL BROTHER
Lot 259 selling @ NZB R2R Sale”
This year’s catalogue features 407 well-educated, athletic two-year-olds by a leading selection of 115 New Zealand and Australian sires.
With 370 of the 407 entries colts and geldings, some of the many highlights on offer include:
• Siblings to over 30 stakes winners including New Zealand’s Champion 3YO and Group 1 NZ Derby winner Silent Achiever (O’Reilly), Group 1 Singapore Krisflyer International Sprint winner Green Birdie (Catbird), Group 1 Easter Handicap winner Pasta Post (Postponed) and more.
• Progeny from 19 stakes winning mares including Group 1 winners Deebee Belle (Bin Ajwaad), Fayreform (Tights), Moire (Crested Wave) and Group 2 winners Pulcinella (Stravinsky) and Star Affair (Star Way).
• Seven two-year-olds by Australia’s Champion Sire Fastnet Rock and 11 from New Zealand’s Champion Sire O’Reilly.
• Two-year-olds by hot young sires including Bernardini, Casino Prince, Darci Brahma, Elusive City, Falkirk, Iffraaj, Savabeel, Starcraft and Stratum.
• Leading New Zealand and Australian sires are all well represented with two-year-olds by, Commands, Danehill Dancer, Encosta de Lago, Exceed and Excel, High Chaparral, Lonhro, Pentire, Pins, Redoute’s Choice, Stravinsky, Testa Rossa, Thorn Park, Volksraad, Zabeel and more.
Since the catalogue went to print there have been a host of pedigree updates to further boost the selection on offer. To view the list of pedigree updates for the Sale, click here.
Some leading stats from the NZB Ready to Run Sale:
• 9 Group 1 winners in the last five seasons.
• A Group 1 winner from every Sale for the last 10 years.
• Its graduates have won six Derby races since 2010 – three last season: Perak Derby (Mr Ambassador), Hong Kong Derby (Fay Fay) & VRC Derby (Sangster).
• Has averaged 14 stakes winners per season for the last five seasons.
• Almost half of the Sale’s stakes winners came in Australia last season.